-HEHS--2010 -3A,3B,3C -
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

having a punt

Go down

having a punt Empty having a punt

Post by skechers Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:51 pm

having a punt

By having a punt which drew less water than theirs, it was, therefore, my lot to have the first chance, if no jimmy choo shoes one fired off a gun, in order to spoil'the shot, which is a very common1 practice on this, and many other coasts. I, therefore, took the precaution' of getting well round to windward, and when I had arrived as much to windward as one dare go to wildfowl, having previously covered myself and my man with clean white jimmy choo linen, and a white nightcap, to ap¬pear the colour of jimmy choo uggs the snow, we floated down among the small pans of white ice that were constandy drifting to leeward; and, by this means, had a couple in the boat, and another that afterwards dropped dead, just as the other punts were coming up. This circumstance I think it right to mention, in case it should here¬after be found a useful recipe for getting at very wild birds, though it is with reluctance that I become so much the egotist as to intro¬duce any thing that relates to my own per¬formance. In giving further directions about swans, I must observe, that to take a sitting shot you need never be hurried, as these birds can never rise above the MBT Shoes Clearance level of any swivel- gun till they have beat the water for several yards, in order to get their huge bodies on the wing. To shoot them flying make all possible haste to row (or if on land, to run) till you get under them, as they MBT Shoes fly very low, and will sel¬dom break their course; and, therefore, may be frequently killed by surrounding them with boats, and having a gunning-punt in advance, ready to fire as they pass. We afterwards got two more of them by this means. Be careful, how¬ever, always to let a swan pass MBT you so as to shoot under his feathers, or you may as well fire at a wool-pack. (This, I believe, 1 named before, as well as that his head must be your target, if you have only a common gun.)

skechers

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum