-HEHS--2010 -3A,3B,3C -
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The scriptural

Go down

The scriptural Empty The scriptural

Post by torycherr Sat May 07, 2011 11:55 am

The scriptural

The scriptural account of redemption by Christ, being familiar to those nations who profess a faith in his name, though the manner of it is, by the different leaders of religious professors, variously defined, I do not propose to say much here respecting either the mean, or the manner of its operation; but refer the MBT Trainers reader to the following pages, wherein he will find MBT Shoes Sale this doctrine most intimately interwoven with the historical and prophetical descriptions. j Numerous objections to the reality of redemption by | the name MBT Shoes and power of Christ, made by men whose ' minds were inflated with selfsufficiency, have fallen under my notice. But, though a large discussion of their principles might be entered into, and many proofs advanced on the side of reason and selfevident truth, sufficient, in the view of impartial readers, to overthrow their slender, futile, and fallacious systems, I forbear to dweH upon them. Because, to those who ; are believing, such proofs are not necessary; and to the unbelieving, arguments, grounded merely upon the principles of the natural understanding, would be ineffectual. It being only the evidence of the spirit of truthto the soul, that can produce effectual conviction, as all things of a divine nature must necessarily have a divine evidence to demonstrate the reality of their existence. And as this divine evidence dothiot, if resisted, operate to effect its purpose, so when not resisted, it begets a willingness to give it an impartial hearing: and if such a willingness be admitted, the strength of the principle of selfsufficiency which is seated in the powers of the natural mind, being thereby reduced, the divine evidence can operate to conviction without the necessity of many natural arguments.In the course of my meditations on the nature, composition and circumstances of man, many expressions and declarations, recorded in the writings of the prophets and other books of scripture, have presented in memory and occurred to observation, which appear to me to unite in testimony MBT to the truth of the system I have attempted to demonstrate.

torycherr

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum