-HEHS--2010 -3A,3B,3C -
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To the literary

Go down

To the literary Empty To the literary

Post by torycherr Sat May 07, 2011 11:54 am

To the literary

To the literary critic, should he deem MBT Shoes Sale the book worthy of his passing notice, it may be observed, that the exhibition of a critical correctness of style, has been no part of the inducement to the publication; neither is it necessary to the comprehension of plain practical truths, or the edification of the sincere religious inquirer. To those classes of society who may perceive their opinions to be controverted by the principles espoused, or that their worldly interest would be endangered by the prevalence of the doctrines advanced, a remark may be addressed similar to that which was introduced by the wise Gamaliel in a council of the Jews: "If this workand this counsel be (merely) of men," and wholly erroneous, MBT Shoes "it will come to nought," without your efforts to suppress it: " But, if it be" from a higher illumination, and grounded on the principles of everlasting truth, "ye cannot overthrow it." The editor, acting as the representative of the deceased author, in the fulfilment, though at this late period, of his dying request, does not hold himself necessarily bound to appear in future in defence of the work. It is, therefore, offered to MBT Trainers the world, to receive its share of approbation or condemnation, according to the effect it may produce on the minds of its readers individually.My mind having been, at times, for several years, impressed with a serious consideration of the various circumstances of the nations of men now existing, attentive inquiries have thereby been raised, relative to the causes whereby the sufferings of many have been produced, and the oppressive power and undue dominion exercised by others have arisen. On pursuing these inquiries many reflections have occurred, in the course whereof, information has been opened to my understanding, relating to the nature of man, and the doctrines which concern his happiness. Yet I believe that the definitions and conclusions, relative to the system of man, and the manner of his salvation, which I am about to offer to the public in the following work, have not been the result of a labour merely in the powers of the rational understanding; but as I have sought instruction for my own benefit, and the regulation of my conduct, I trust a measure of divine light has been afforded, in which I MBT have been induced to believe that my duty to my brethren in the great family of mankind, required my offering the principles therein contained to their view, as worthy of thejr serious attention.

torycherr

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum